Pray the Examen with us During Lent
Each week, members of our Bellarmine Chapel and St. Xavier Church staff will share a reflection video about the Examen they chose to pray for Lent. Please sign up for our Weekly Lenten Reflection email, or follow us on Facebook so you don't miss out on this experience!
Examen Resources for Lent 2022
- Here is the Ignatian Spirituality website with lots of information and applications of The Examen.
- Xavier University’s Center for Mission and Identity has a variety of Examen applications.
- Reflection and Our Active Lives .
- Considered a classic. This is a reprint of the original 1972 article by George Aschenbrenner exploring the how and why of practicing the Examen.
- Download the Reimagining the Examen App, which is based on Thibodeaux’s book, offering 34 adaptable versions of the Examen to easily pray at any time.
Highly recommended books:
"Reimagining the Ignatian Examen," by Mark E. Thibodeaux, SJ
"A Simple Life-Changing Prayer," by Jim Manney
Go back to our Lent home page.