Our parish - Bellarmine Chapel (St. Robert Bellarmine Parish) - was initially formed in April of 1927 to serve the neighborhood community in the proximity of Xavier University (which had recently moved to Avondale).
The parish worship space was also used by the students at XU and was located within the Administrative Building of the university, pending the construction of a larger church.
In 1962, the present chapel was built, ending our long years in the Schmidt Building. The new chapel was remodeled again in 1998; moreover, an addition was designed and built in 2004, providing additional office space and an expanded narthex with a baptistry.
Besides the chapel itself, the parish has use of a Parish Center where many of our staff have their offices and where several parish programs are developed and carried forth.
At present, the parish is comprised of about 750 households, residing in different neighborhoods of our city, and with a growing number of younger families. We are always happy to receive new members.